SERVES: 2～3 TOTAL TIME : 60 MINS
Chirashi” means to sprinkle. Chirashi zushi is a type of sushi that includes eggs, prawns, ham and more which is then sprinkled on top of the sushi rice. It’s beautifully decorated, so it’s a popular food for “hanami” (flower viewing parties) and “hinamatsuri” (The Girls Doll Festival). Preparing sushi rice requires a delicate touch. This recipe will use a commercially available sushi mix to help make the process easier for you.
□ 1 pack Sushi Taro
□ 2 cup (go) white short grain rice
□ 3 eggs
□ 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
□ 4 sliced hams
□ 6 frozen prawns
□ 1/2 tsp turmeric (if any)
□ seasoned seaweed (Aji-tuke nori), cut into strips with scissors
1. Cook the short grain rice in a rice cooker. Add turmeric to color the rice yellow, as needed.
2. Sprinkle salt on thinly sliced cucumbers then rub it in. Rinse the cucumbers with water and wring the water out.
3. Cut the hams into heart shapes by using a cookie cutter. Or, you can just cut them into strips.
4. Boil frozen prawns with white wine or sake.
1. short grain rice 日本の白米はshort grainの一種です（long だとインディカ米など)
2. rice cooker 炊飯器
3. as needed 必要に応じて
4. rinse O with water and wring the water out.
5. Cut O into heart shapes by using a cookie cutter.
【Make Kinshi Tamago (Shredded Egg Crepe)| 金糸卵を作る】
1. Beat eggs and add one pinch of salt.
2.Grease a frypan and pour 1/3 of the egg mixture onto the pan over medium high heat (we are going to make 3 egg sheets).
3. Swirl the pan to spread the egg mixture quickly. After the bottom side is cooked, stick a long chopstick through the egg sheet and lift it. So then the egg sheet will be folded.
4. Cook both sides of the folded egg sheet for a short time each. And fold it in three.
5. Set aside on a plate and let it cool. Make another 2 egg sheets. Shred them.
1. beat eggs 卵を溶く
2. one pinch of O, Oをひとつまみ（少々）
3．greace a frypan フライパンに油を敷く
4．Swirl a frypan フライパンを回す
5. Stick a long chopstick through the egg sheet and lift it. So then the egg sheet will be folded. 卵シートに菜箸を通して持ち上げる。そうすると卵シートが二つ折りになります。
【Make Sushi Rice and Decolate|すし飯を作って盛り付け】
1. Put steamed rice in a bowl, and mix one pack of Sushi Taro.
2. Dish up the sushi rice onto a plate. And then place the cucumbers, shredded eggs, hams, and prawns on top of it.
3. Sprinkle seasoned nori onto it and serve.
1. dish up O onto a plate Oを皿に盛る
Recipe Contributor |レシピ提供
Naoko Mori 森なおこ
‐Studied French cuisine under a former chief chef at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo (ホテル椿山荘東京） for 3 years.
‐Acquired Japanese and herbal cuisine skills.
‐Cooking teacher for 10 years for Japanese and 7 years for Americans
‐Coordinating cooking classes for American cooking teachers
森なおこ先生の English出前プログラム 「外国人に日本の家庭料理を教えよう」はこちら↓